Friday, November 25, 2011

Gratitude Post #2: Letter to My Friends

Dear Devri and Ann,
As I reflect over this holiday break, I continue to think of all the ways you 2 support me. Your friendship means the world to me, and I will forever be thankful for the way you unconditionally offer daily doses of love. I enjoy talking with you about any topic, feel grateful to walk down the path of motherhood together, and appreciate the genuine humor we share.

But truly, I want to thank you for the inspiration you provide me everyday. You are both amazing mothers, dedicated wives, loving daughters, insightful teachers, and thoughtful friends. You teach me how to: appreciate my children for their unique spirits, understand that it's the small things that count in my marriage, enjoy the conversations I have with my parents, see my students' truest potential, and respect the people in my life that offer me their friendship. Some of these lessons you probably never intended to teach me, but your grace and sincerity in situations (and stories) offer simple life-lessons... And I am always listening, ready to learn.

If I could give you both one gift--- one very special present that you could forever and always treasure--- it would be the ability for you to see the true leaders you are for the individuals you inspire on a daily basis. Sometimes your leadership occurs at home and other times at school, but please remember that your roles in both places are extremely important. You make a difference each and every day. Please look into your beautiful souls and value who you were born to be.

Thank you for accepting me for me. You help me stay positive, be myself, and keep my perspective about life. I will forever be thankful for the both of you.

Love,
Celina

No comments:

Post a Comment